Translate

Saturday, January 13, 2018

Five Examples Of Norman Hutchins' Gospel Song "I Am Standing On His Promises"

Edited by Azizi Powell

This pancocojams post provides examples of the African American Gospel song by Norman Hutchins entitled "I Am Standing On His Promises" [2nd line: I believe what His word says".

This song shouldn't be confused with the Christian hymn "Standing On The Promises"* or several other Christian songs with similar titles.

The content of this post is presented for religious, cultural, and aesthetic purposes.
Note: I often showcase multiple versions of a song to demonstrate how that song might be performed differently by different singers.

All copyrights remain with their owners.

Thanks to the composer of this song and thanks to all those who are featured in these videos. Thanks also to the publishers of these videos on YouTube.
-snip-
*Click http://pancocojams.blogspot.com/2018/01/one-standard-rendition-three-black.html for the pancocojams post entitled "One Standard Rendition & Three Black Gospelized Renditions Of The Christian Hymn "Standing On The Promises"

****
SHOWCASE EXAMPLES
Example #1: Norman Hutchins - I Am Standing On The Promises / "Where I Long To Be" CD & DVD - JDI Records



JDIRecordsInc, Published on May 21, 2009
-snip-
I featured this video of Norman Hutchins & Choir first since he is the composer of this song. All these other examples are given in chronological order based on their publishing date on YouTube, with the oldest example given first.

****
Example #2: Am Standing On The Promises



Detroitchurchboy, Published on Nov 22, 2008

****
Example #3: I Am Standing On The Promises - ASBC Mass Choir



majcpw, Published on Dec 20, 2008

"I Am Standing On The Promises" was performed at the Alfred Street Baptist Church on the 27th of September 2008 at a Pre-Installation Concert of Praise to commemorate the installation of their 8th Pastor the following day.

****
Example #4: Mt. Zion Kalamazoo "Standing On The Promises"



nella271, Published on Dec 11, 2009

Mt. Zion (Dr. Addis Moore, Pastor) sings Norman Hutchins' "Standing On The Promises" with Rev. Christopher Moore leading.

****
Example #5: I Am Standing on the Promises, CDC Men's Choir (2013 Summer Conference)



CaliforniaDistrict, Published on Jul 22, 2013

Song: I Am Standing on the Promises by Norman Hutchins

****
LYRICS: STANDING ON HIS PROMISES OF GOD
(Norman Hutchins)

[Chorus:]
I am standing on His promises,
I believe what His word says.

I am standing on His promises,
I believe what His word says.

I have faith that God will do just what He said;
I am standing on the promises of God.

[Verse:]
If you have faith, the size of mustard seed,
You can speak to the mountains in Your life.
Nothing's impossible to them that believe,
I am standing on the promises of God.

[Chorus]

[Bridge:]
If God said it, I believe it.
If God said it, I believe it.
If God said it, I believe it.
If God said it, I believe it;
I am standing on the promises of God.

[Vamp 1:]
God said it, I believe it,
That's good enough for me.

[Vamp 2:]
God said it, God said it.
God said it, God said it.

[Vamp 3:]
I believe it, I believe it.
I believe it, I believe it.

[Vamp 4:]
That settles it, that settles it.
That settles it, that settles it.

[Ending:]
God said it, I believe it,
That's good enough for me.

Source: https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/normanhutchins/iamstandingonhispromises.html

****
Thanks for visiting pancocojams.

Visitor comment are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment